Lightly used, good condition
RRP is £1,300
RCE price is £795
Continental Grand Prix 4000
Mavic Quick Release Skewers
The best combination of reliability and lightweight for the most versatile aero wheelset. Thanks to the exclusive TgMAX technology, Mavic’s carbon clincher solution is the most reliable and dynamic clincher wheelset ever.
- THE PERFECT BLEND OF LIGHTWEIGHT AND AERODYNAMICS - 40mm wind tunnel optimized rim profile Extralight carbon rims fitted with 190 grams Yksion Pro clincher tyre Carbon/alloy hubs with aero flanges
- EFFECTIVE CARBON CLINCHER COMPATIBILITY AND SUPERIOR BRAKING PERFORMANCE - Carbon structure, enhanced by the exclusive TgMAX technology Aluminum spine to hold brake and air pressure No holes, no weak point
- HIGH STIFFNESS AND EASY MAINTENANCE - Fore drilling Integrated nipples QRM+ hubs
Weight pair : 1545 grams
Weight pair wheel-tyre system : 2085 grams
Weight front wheel-tyre system : 940 grams
Weight rear wheel-tyre system: 1145 grams
- FTS-L - Force Transfer System Light. Reinforcement of key transmission components: the contact area between the pawl and the hub body is reinforced by 2 stainless steel inserts, which allows the use of a 100% aluminum hub body.
- MAXTAL - Light and strong. Exclusive to Mavic, this specific aluminum alloy offers a higher strength to weight ratio than conventional 6106 alloy.
- QRM+ - Our most demanding level. Those cartridge bearings are of course double sealled with C3 internal clearance, and toped with a micro-adjustability system.
- GRIPLINK - Grip and Control. A front tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to hold the ground and control the bike. Therefore, GripLink tyres are optimized for front use, by offering a superior grip.
- POWERLINK - Low rolling resistance. A rear tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to transfer power and generate speed. Therefore, PowerLink tyres are optimized for rear wheel use, by minimizing the rolling resistance.
- FORE - Stiffer and stronger. Instead of being drilled, the lower rim bridge is pushed up on the inside, then threaded to enable the spoke nipples to be directly screwed in it, leaving the upper rim bridge intact.
- TGMAX - Maximum Glass Transition Temperature. TgMAX technology consists in laying up several types of high technology resins, then fixing them using a proprietary heat treatment process to achieve the highest possible resistance to braking heat.
- Tyre: clincher
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Recommended tyre sizes: 19 to 28 mm
- ETRTO size: 622x13C
- Material: 3K carbon fibers with aluminum reinforced rim bed
- Count: 20 front and rear
- Lacing: radial front and rear non-drive side, crossed 2 rear drive side
- Material: steel
- Shape: straight pull, bladed, double butted
- Dimension: 23-622 (700x23c)
- Front and Rear Tread: Dual Compound
- Max. Pressure: 9 bar / 130 psi
- Casing: 127 TPI
- Breaker: Strong Nylon
- Link: GripLink
- Link: PowerLink
- Yksion Pro Griplink (front) & Powerlink (rear) - 190g
- Axle material: aluminum
- Front and rear bodies: carbon center tube and aluminum flanges